- 1 packet of hot cocoa mix
- 1/2 C milk (We use vanilla soy - makes it very creamy and dairy-free.)
- 1 C crushed ice
- 1/4 C chocolate chips (optional), divided
Place all ingredients into blender and blend. If using chocolate chips, include half to blend and half to sprinkle on top once in the bowl. Pour into a bowl (or if sharing, multiple) and serve!
- If it turns out a little runny, just pour into bowl and place bowl into the freezer for 20-30 minutes to harden.
- You may add a little more milk if it is too thick to blend. Watch how much milk you add or it will turn to more of a smoothie. I wouldn't add more than total of 3/4 C.
- We occasionally will add in 1/2 of a banana or strawberries. This does make it have a distinct fruit flavor.
- Have the kiddos add some sprinkles or a cherry on top for some extra fun!
LIKE THIS ARTICLE: Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid is a free weekly newsletter and website focused on fun family events and information in Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, Chamblee, Doraville, Atlanta, and Perimeter. We gather together all kinds of local family events and activities each week and add useful information about classes, family-focused businesses, book and product reviews, recipes, crafts, school and camp guides and more. We proudly serve families in Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, Chamblee, Doraville, Atlanta, and Perimeter! Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid is full of useful local information like this PLUS tons of kid-friendly events on our event calendar. Have an event you'd like submitted to our calendar for consideration? Submit an event here. Like what you see here and want to get all the fun delivered to your inbox weekly? Subscribe to our FREE weekly e-newsletter for 411 on the local family fun. You can find Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.