I am starting to decorate for fall and bunting is one of my favorite do-it-yourself home decorations to make. Bunting is so easy to make and lasts all fall because it is not Halloween or Thanksgiving specific. It is also incredibly inexpensive and the supplies are simple. You can make this bunting project in under an hour with just a few items!
- 35 strips of fabric (About 1 yard of fabric total) 1/4 X 12 inches
- 5 1/2 feet of string (or length needed for the space)
- measuring tape
- Find three to seven pieces of fabric that look good together. Use at least three colors. I used seven. I would use an odd number of fabrics because odd numbers are more aesthetically pleasing. You want colors that will blend into each other and not have one color that stands out.
- Cut the fabric into 35 strips total that are 1 1/4 inches-by-12 inches.
- Cut a piece of string to fit your space.
- Take the strips of fabric and tie them onto the string, alternating colors until they are all on. Then space them out so they are close together in even increments.
- Hang on a bookshelf, mirror, or anywhere you are looking for a little extra fall decor!
That's it! Bunting really is so simple and it's a fun way to add a little fall color to your home without spending a lot of time or money. Happy fall!
Gwendolyn Dattage is the publisher of Macaroni Kid St. George, Utah.
LIKE THIS ARTICLE: Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid is a free weekly newsletter and website focused on fun family events and information in Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, Chamblee, Doraville, Atlanta, and Perimeter. We gather together all kinds of local family events and activities each week and add useful information about classes, family-focused businesses, book and product reviews, recipes, crafts, school and camp guides and more. We proudly serve families in Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, Chamblee, Doraville, Atlanta, and Perimeter! Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid is full of useful local information like this PLUS tons of kid-friendly events on our event calendar. Have an event you'd like submitted to our calendar for consideration? Submit an event here. Like what you see here and want to get all the fun delivered to your inbox weekly? Subscribe to our FREE weekly e-newsletter for 411 on the local family fun. You can find Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.