Recently my seven-year-old daughter was "bored" on Sunday afternoon while her little brother took a nap, so I told her to make a bunny or do a craft with plastic Easter eggs. Well, this is what she came up with... Bobble Bunny!
What you need:
- Plastic Easter egg
- A small weight that fits inside the egg (rock, marble, ball, or even a treat)
- Paper, colors/patterns of your choice
- Googly eyes (or can draw on with permanent marker)
- Pom-pom or cotton ball
- Tape (or hot glue with adult help)
What you do:
- Put the weight inside the egg. You can just place it inside, or tape it into place if you'd like. Close the egg and tape shut if needed to keep it shut.
- Cut ears from the paper. You can make the inside of the ears with another color of the paper or color them. Tape or glue the ears to the top of the egg.
- Tape or glue the pom-pom or cotton ball to the back of the lower part of the egg. If using tape, make a small loop of tape with the sticky side out to attach the tail.
- Place the googly eyes on the egg (or draw them) and draw the rest of the face with a permanent marker.
- Optional, cut out paper feet and attach to the bottom of the egg, if you want to keep it from bobbling so much.
- Enjoy rolling your Bobble Bunny around -- it won't fall over! Hide it for an egg hunt or see where your imagination leads. You can make a collection of different colors or different animals/characters too!
LIKE THIS ARTICLE: Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid is a free weekly newsletter and website focused on fun family events and information in Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, Chamblee, Doraville, Atlanta, and Perimeter. We gather together all kinds of local family events and activities each week and add useful information about classes, family-focused businesses, book and product reviews, recipes, crafts, school and camp guides and more. We proudly serve families in Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, Chamblee, Doraville, Atlanta, and Perimeter! Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid is full of useful local information like this PLUS tons of kid-friendly events on our event calendar. Have an event you'd like submitted to our calendar for consideration? Submit an event here. Like what you see here and want to get all the fun delivered to your inbox weekly? Subscribe to our FREE weekly e-newsletter for 411 on the local family fun. You can find Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.