Valentine is one holiday that I have not made a bunch of decorations for and my girls notice it. So this year I decided to get on the ball of things to get a couple things done.
- Styrofoam Heart
- 1/8 dowel rod (18”)
- Glitter (I used gold and pink)
- Piece of a faux flower
- Chipboard letters
- Bakers Twine
- Mod Podge
- Paint the mod podge on the heart and cover with the glitter. Work in sections so you do not get sticky.
- Repeat the glitter process for the dowel rod.
- Allow glitter pieces to dry over night.
- Use a screw driver the size of the dowel rod to poke holes through the heart form where you would like the "arrow" to pass through.
- Insert dowel rod into heart form.
- Take the faux flower and cut off a piece to create a “feather” effect for the dowel rod. This will be the feather end of the arrow.
- Use some plain chipboard to create the arrow tip.
- Glue onto the dowel rod then cover with glitter.
- Take glitter chipboard letters and make a saying (I did "Be Mine”)
- Using Bakers Twine, hot glue the letters onto it.
- Attach banner to wreath.