- 5-10 jalapeño peppers
- 6-8 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/4 -1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) pack of bacon
** I like to estimate on amount of cheese because it depends on how much cheese you like. I honestly use the whole 8 ounce block of cream cheese and 1/2 cup cheddar.
For the amounts, choose how many you want and how cheesy you like them. I like a lot of cheese, but it does puff as it cooks.
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Start by cutting the jalapeños in half and scraping out the seeds.
3. Mix the cream cheese and sharp cheddar together. Sometimes I microwave my cream cheese for about 12-15 seconds to soften it so it blends easier if I did not leave it out at room temperature.
4. Once blended, fill each jalapeno with the cheese blend.
5. Cut the bacon strips in half and then wrap each pepper with a bacon strip. I stretch the bacon a little before wrapping, make it easier.
6. Leave space between each pepper on a baking sheet. Bake on 350° for 25 minutes and then turn broiler on high for about 3 minutes to finish up the bacon.
7. Cool and ENJOY!!!
LIKE THIS ARTICLE: Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid is a free weekly newsletter and website focused on fun family events and information in Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, Chamblee, and Doraville. We gather together all kinds of local family events and activities each week and add useful information about classes, family-focused businesses, book and product reviews, recipes, crafts, school and camp guides and more. We proudly serve families in Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, Chamblee, and Doraville! Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid is full of useful local information like this PLUS tons of kid-friendly events on our event calendar. Have an event you'd like submitted to our calendar for consideration? Submit an event here. Like what you see here and want to get all the fun delivered to your inbox weekly? Subscribe to our FREE weekly e-newsletter for 411 on the local family fun.