The 34th Sandy Springs Festival will give Sandy Springs residents and visitors an opportunity to enjoy fine art, diverse food, education, a silent auction, and live entertainment.
Hosted by the nonprofit organization Heritage Sandy Springs Museum and Park (HSSMP) and held on the HSSMP Museum and Park grounds, as well as the streets surrounding the Museum and Park, this annual event regularly attracts 20,000+ attendees during its two days.
Districts at the Sandy Springs Festival will include:
- Art District with the Artist Market consisting of more than 50 fine art artists juried by Atlanta Foundation for Public Spaces
- Entertainment District with live music on the Sandy Springs Society Lawn, as well as Battle of the Bands showcasing local talent, competing for prizes
- Cultural District with entertainment, demonstrations and businesses from at least 10 countries from around the world
- Historic District in partnership with The Homestead Atlanta will have live demonstrations and instruction on heritage skills of yesterday that are useful even today
- Chalk Walk District where young and younger create artistic chalk drawings and have the opportunity to win cash prizes
- Civic and Business Districts represent the many non-profits and businesses in the community
- Children’s District with inflatables, rides, crafts and activities for kids of all ages
- Food District with a variety of foods for visitors to choose.
- A new feature to the Sandy Springs Festival is the Sandy Springs Wine Festival, September 28, Noon to 5 p.m. In partnership with the Atlanta Sport and Social Club, this is a ticketed event within the free Sandy Springs Festival. Tickets for the Sandy Springs Wine Festival include complimentary wine and craft beer tastings with over 75 varieties, wine-themed activities, like wine bingo, as well a souvenir Sandy Springs Wine Festival tasting glass, and Live Music Performances.
- The Pet Parade, a tradition since 1987, in partnership with Angels Among Us, will be September 28, with registration beginning 9:30-10 a.m. Animals of all shapes and sizes parade through the Sandy Springs
Festival, sporting creative costumes. A yearly contest is held for: Most Unusual Pet, Owner/Pet Lookalike, Best Group Costume and Best of Show. Registration of $5 benefits Angels Among Us.
During the Sandy Springs Festival, visitors will also have a chance to visit the newest exhibit at the Sandy Springs Museum, Grit, Gumption, and Grace: The Women of Sandy Springs. The new exhibit highlights the roles and accomplishments of women in the community and salutes the many contributions of women to the city of Sandy Springs, including their roles as settlers, educators, activists, doctors, philanthropists, and more. During the Festival, the exhibit will be free of charge and open to the public September 28-29, with extended hours Saturday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
In addition to the Sandy Springs Festival, Heritage Sandy Springs Museum and Park also hosts the Sandy Springs Lightning 10K/5K on Saturday, September 28 beginning at 7:30 a.m. In its 28th year, the road race is a Peachtree Road Race Qualifier (10K only). Special guest, Jeff Galloway will join the race this year. Galloway, a Sandy Springs resident, is the winner of the first Peachtree Road Race, he competed in the Munich Olympics and has run all over the world. His 31 books have been best-sellers in the running/walking category for decades. Millions of runners and walkers have been coached by Jeff Galloway through his Galloway Training Programs and his PHIDIPPIDES run/walk store in Sandy Springs.
Sprouts VIP Lounge Access get exclusive access to the covered upper veranda (with ceiling fans and indoor, air-conditioned restrooms) that overlooks the Entertainment Lawn and gives you the best seat in the house for weekend-long entertainment.
No onsite ticketing… pre-purchase only
Sprouts VIP Lounge Access is Valued at $150 and Includes:
- 2 wristbands (for 1 person/2 day or for 2 people/1day)
- Admission to VIP Areas of the Festival: Veranda and Indoor Restrooms at Heritage Hall
- 1 Festival T-shirt
- Complimentary snacks, hors d’oeuvres, soft drinks, water, and juice
The Sandy Springs Festival is the largest event of the year for Heritage Sandy Springs Museum and Park and requires hundreds of volunteers. Those interested in volunteering, E-Mail or visit the website.
The Sandy Springs Festival is offered to the community free of charge. Saturday, September 28, Festival hours will be 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday, September 29, Festival hours will be 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. The Sandy Springs Festival takes place in the heart of the city at Heritage Green, 6075 Sandy Springs Circle.
For more information, visit the Sandy Springs Festival or email.
Heritage Sandy Springs Museum and Park can be found on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Follow the fun using the
#ChalkWalk2019, #HeritageSandySprings, #HSSMP, #VisitSandySprings, and #YourStoryisourStory.
LIKE THIS ARTICLE: Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid is a free weekly newsletter and website focused on fun family events and information in Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, Chamblee, Doraville, Atlanta, and Perimeter. We gather together all kinds of local family events and activities each week and add useful information about classes, family-focused businesses, book and product reviews, recipes, crafts, school and camp guides and more. We proudly serve families in Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, Chamblee, Doraville, Atlanta, and Perimeter! Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid is full of useful local information like this PLUS tons of kid-friendly events on our event calendar. Have an event you'd like submitted to our calendar for consideration? Submit an event here. Like what you see here and want to get all the fun delivered to your inbox weekly? Subscribe to our FREE weekly e-newsletter for 411 on the local family fun. You can find Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid has one Sprouts VIP Lounge Access at the Heritage Sandy Springs Festival (September 28 - September 29).
WINNER Hillary G
Fill out the Mandatory Form by Clicking HERE.
- ONE ENTRY PER EMAIL ADDRESS PLEASE.
- Can only win from one Macaroni Kid Publisher or Atlanta Area Blogger
- Must be a resident of the Metro Atlanta Area
- This giveaway ENDS on September 27, 2019, at 12 pm.
- The winner will need to respond back within two (2) hours of email going out.
- Tickets are NONTRANSFERABLE once won.
All of the Following Entries are for BONUS only! Get FACEBOOK BONUS ENTRIES!
- 1 Bonus Entry if you like Dunwoody Macaroni Kid and 1 Bonus Entry if you comment on Facebook
- 1 Bonus Entry if you tag a friend on Facebook
- 5 Bonus Entries by clicking the “share” button under the Facebook post and sharing with your Facebook friends then comment that you shared it. (Please send me the link, entries will not count unless I receive.)
- You can earn 5 more points every 24 hours!
Get TWITTER BONUS ENTRIES:
- 1 Bonus Entry: Follow me on Twitter at @MacKidDunwoody.
- 5 Bonus Entries by tweeting I just entered the @HeritageSS VIP Lounge #Giveaway from @MacKidDunwoody #SandySpringsDunwoodyMacaroniKid #Dunwoody #SandySprings #Chamblee #Doraville #Perimeter #Atlanta #ChalkWalk2019, #HeritageSandySprings, #HSSMP, #VisitSandySprings, #YourStoryisourStory. http://bit.ly/HeritageSSFest2019
- Please send me the link, entries will not count unless I receive.)
- You can earn 5 more points every 24 hours!
Get PINTEREST BONUS ENTRY:
GET INSTAGRAM BONUS ENTRY:
- 1 Bonus Entry: Follow me on Instagram
Get Future REFERRAL BONUS ENTRIES:
- Get 10 Bonus Entries: Refer a new subscriber to Macaroni Kid Dunwoody and Sandy Springs. Just make sure they put your name in the "How Did You Hear About Us" box.
For SWEEPSTAKES RULES & REGULATIONS: click HERE.