World of Coca-Cola's throwback game is strong this summer. From 2019 to 1985 to 1969, the attraction is offering limited-time experiences to help fans make it their best – and possibly strangest – summer ever. Here are all the deets on what not to miss:
- Stranger Things Have Happened – Prepare for time travel. Netflix’s Stranger Things 3 debuts on July 4, throwing it back to the summer of 1985, when the most-talked-about brand of the year was Coca-Cola with its release of “New Coke.” To help transport fans into the series, Coca-Cola is bringing back a limited run of New Coke – yes, the actual recipe from 1985. In addition to CokeStore.com/1985, one of the only places fans will be able to get their hands on the nostalgic drink is World of Coca-Cola. On June 4, 5 and 6, the first 1,000 guests who buy full-price, general admission tickets on-site at the attraction will each receive a can of New Coke, while supplies last. Limited-edition apparel featuring Coke and Stranger Things branding will also be available in the Coca-Cola Store at World of Coca-Cola and on CokeStore.com/1985 starting May 24.
- It’s the Real Thing – Remember the famous Coke slogan from 1969? 2019 marks 50 years since the introduction of “It’s the Real Thing,” and World of Coca-Cola is celebrating with a special exhibit. Retro ads, posters and swag will bring to life the iconic slogan that inspired pop songs from superstars of the day – we’re talking James Brown, Aretha Franklin and Ray Charles. The “It’s the Real Thing” installation in the Pop Culture Gallery is open now through spring 2020. Want to bring the Real Thing home with you? An all-new, all-classic line of retail repping the iconic slogan is available in the Coca-Cola Store at World of Coca-Cola. This collection includes men’s and women’s tees, hats, a bag, a beach towel, a Tervis tumbler and a bottle opener.
- Float Through Summer – Name a summer treat more classic than a Coke float. We’ll wait. June through August, World of Coca-Cola is putting a twist on the typical refreshment with a build-your-own float experience. For $9.95, guests will receive a 16-oz. souvenir cup, a scoop of vanilla ice cream and free reign of the Taste It! Beverage Lounge, where they can choose from more than 100 familiar and exotic beverages to create their float.
- Keeping It Cool – Flavorful floats aren’t the only frozen fun at World of Coca-Cola this summer. Also in the Taste It! Beverage Lounge, a variety of slushie beverages will be available to help guests keep cool during the hottest months of the year. For $5, choose from flavors including Melon Frosty and Blue Raspberry.
- Peel, Scan & Sip – Enjoy a Coca-Cola this summer and you could end up with free World of Coca-Cola tickets. Now through July 21, packaging for Coke, Coke Zero Sugar and Coke Flavors (Orange Vanilla, Cherry, etc.) will feature peel-off labels that turn into wearable wristbands. Each band displays an icon that fans can scan with their phones to potentially win exclusive experiences nationwide. In the Georgia area, a limited number of bottles and cans will unlock two free World of Coca-Cola tickets. You never know – uncapping your next Coke may mean unlocking your next weekend adventure.
LIKE THIS ARTICLE: Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid is a free weekly newsletter and website focused on fun family events and information in Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, Chamblee, and Doraville. We gather together all kinds of local family events and activities each week and add useful information about classes, family-focused businesses, book and product reviews, recipes, crafts, school and camp guides and more. We proudly serve families in Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, Chamblee, and Doraville! Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid is full of useful local information like this PLUS tons of kid-friendly events on our event calendar. Have an event you'd like submitted to our calendar for consideration? Submit an event here. Like what you see here and want to get all the fun delivered to your inbox weekly? Subscribe to our FREE weekly e-newsletter for 411 on the local family fun.
Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid has a Family Four (4) Pack to the World of Coca-Cola.
WINNER AMY M