Complete disclosure. I am a Braves fan. Unless they play the Yankees. Then all bets are off.
Yankees Stadium has nothing on SunTrust Park. Another disclosure, when my husband does go into the office, he works right (literally steps away) to the Park. So I am a little partial to that reason.
In February of 2017, I had an article on Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid titled Family Friendly Zone at SunTrust Park and in April of 2017 another article titled: SunTrust Park, not just for baseball.
Some new things have occurred since then:
- Broadcasting – Rock 100.5 is the new FM home of the Braves, joining the Braves flagship radio station, 680 the Fan with a rotation of Ben Ingram, Jim Powell, Joe Simpson and Don Sutton. 2019 marks 680 the Fan’s 10th Anniversary of airing the Braves games, pre and postgame shows and weekly content.
- Fan favorite, Jeff Francoeur, joins Chip Caray in the FOX Sports South/Southeast booth.
- Uniforms – the red jersey returns for Friday Nights at SunTrust Park for “Red Out” Fridays. Fans are encouraged to wear red. Other uniforms have slight adjustments.
- Family-friendly activities: One of the primary initiatives this season is low or no cost family-friendly activities. What’s new, on Sundays Hope & Will’s Sandlot, the state-of-the-art kid’s zone with a rock-climbing wall, zipline, carnival games and more, is free for kids. Families can pair that with bringing their own food and drink into SunTrust Park and checking out a glove for free at the Mizuno Glove kiosk and run the bases after the game, for a day the family will never forget.
- Every Sunday, kids 14 & under can run around the bases just like The Atlanta Braves! Become a Kids Club Member to enjoy early access to this activity. To participate, kids can line up at the Third Base Ramp.
- SunTrust Park offers a lounge that is a fully dedicated space for nursing mothers staffed by a Guest Services ambassador. Located on the lower level near the left field gate at section 141, the air-conditioned nursing lounge is equipped with comfortable rocking chairs, a diaper changing station and a play area for toddlers.
- The Atlanta Braves are excited to offer information and resources for families to ensure attending games is a comfortable and fun experience for everyone! Guests who purchase tickets through the Accessible Seating Department will receive a Welcome Kit containing a sensory map, a Braves fidget, and an exclusive Braves Exceptional Fan credential, which allows you to skip concession lines if needed and provides a place for emergency contact information.* *Please contact the Accessible Seating Department at (Option 5) or firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your Welcome Kit and for more information.
- The Atlanta Braves have partnered with the American Cancer Society to provide sunscreen stations throughout SunTrust Park. Below is a list of the sunscreen stations:
- Hope & Will's Sandlot
- Outfield/ Section 148 next to the Family Restroom
- Aisle 112/113 First base side, next to the Family Restroom
- Aisle 138/140 Third base sides, next to the Family Restroom
- Aisle 216/217, First base side, next to the Family Restroom
- Aisle 312, First base side
- Aisle 329/330 Behind Homeplate next to the Family Restroom
- Aisle 240/241 Third base side, next to the Family Restroom
- Aisle 28, Delta Club Entrance
- SunTrust Club Entrance
- You can charge your mobile device at charging stations located across from Section 215 next to Pizza Stand and near the Right Field Gate across from Clubhouse Store.
- Social: SunTrust Park is the number one Instagram location in the state of Georgia. In addition to game photos and video uploads, there are locations around the park to showcase. The Braves built “a set” in the Xfinity Rooftop which was created for the boomerang filter on Instagram.
- More food options: Delaware North, the official food and beverage partner of the Atlanta Braves at SunTrust Park, has unveiled a new concession menu with fun creations that highlight regional and ballpark favorites. A few of the new items include:
- The Best Darn Steak Sandwich in Baseball,” featuring sliced herbed beef tenderloin served on a fresh brioche roll with balsamic glazed arugula, roasted Portobello, crunchy fried onion and creamy blue cheese sauce
- A Chicken and Waffle Boat
- The BLOOPER Burger – a giant sandwich stacked with four cheeseburger patties, a footlong hot dog and chicken tenders.
- Entertainment and retail options: Visitors to The Battery Atlanta can enjoy:
- A year-round H&F Burger accessible from the ballpark and The Battery Atlanta
- A new outside bar area at the Terrapin Taproom restaurant.
- BURN by Rocky Patel, an evolution in cigar lounges, offering an exotic mix of fine cigars, premium spirits and live performances.
- Additionally, two retail stores have opened since last season – vinyl record store Waterloo Sunset Records and sporting goods retailer Rock/Creek Atlanta.
For an affordable family activity (think Father’s Day), the Braves offer 15,000 seats priced at $20 or under (36% of SunTrust Park's capacity) and several ticket packages that can be found at the Atlanta Braves. A sampling:
- Braves Value Pack starts as low as $15 and includes a game ticket, snack, and beverage.
- Seating areas are Terrace Reserved, Home Run Porch, or Grandstand Infield
- Snack choices are jumbo all-beef hot dog, nachos classic, or jumbo soft “A” pretzel.
- Beverage choices are 22-ounce fountain soda, 20-ounce bottled water, or 12-ounce beer
- Coca-Cola Corner seats start at $16 per ticket and include a 20-ounce bottle of Coca-Cola products.
SunTrust Park is located at 755 Battery Avenue Atlanta, GA 30339. Follow the Braves, on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Follow Suntrust Park on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. The Battery Atlanta can be followed on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. You can also follow the fun by using the #ChopOn, #Braves, #SunTrustPark.
LIKE THIS ARTICLE: Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid is a free weekly newsletter and website focused on fun family events and information in Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, Chamblee, Doraville, Atlanta, and Perimeter. We gather together all kinds of local family events and activities each week and add useful information about classes, family-focused businesses, book and product reviews, recipes, crafts, school and camp guides and more. We proudly serve families in Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, Chamblee, Doraville, Atlanta, and Perimeter! Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid is full of useful local information like this PLUS tons of kid-friendly events on our event calendar. Have an event you'd like submitted to our calendar for consideration? Submit an event here. Like what you see here and want to get all the fun delivered to your inbox weekly? Subscribe to our FREE weekly e-newsletter for 411 on the local family fun. You can find Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.