Whether you are with the family or solo, in a hotel, a house, or a campsite, it's easy to sneak exercises into your vacation! Here are just a few ideas:
- Go for a run or walk. The obvious way to get cardio on-the-go is to go for a walk or a run with the intention of burning some calories. But, there's more!
- Go hiking. Something you can do with the family and is as easy as finding a roadside stop with hiking trails or a local park that allows you to explore.
- Jump rope. While I wouldn't recommend jumping rope in a hotel room (the people staying below you would not be amused), this is an easy and small accessory to pack in order to get some quick cardio in.
- Swimming. If the kids are in the pool, you can be too. Whether you swim laps, kick off the side, or tread water, you can build up your heart rate to get some great cardio in! Use the water-resistance to your advantage. Almost any movement can get you going.
- Be a tourist. Use the moving you do around your destination to your advantage. Walk where you can instead of driving. Take the stairs instead of elevators. Don't meander, move and get going!
- Push/Pull. All you need is a partner and a towel. Sit on the floor with your feet touching and pull the towel back and forth, toward your stomach using your back muscles. Be sure to offer some resistance to your partner!
- Upper body. Using your own bodyweight is such an efficient way to work out. You can do push-ups, planks, and toe taps to get you started!
- Lower body. It doesn't take long to wear out your thigh and butt muscles when doing bodyweight exercises. Try squats, lunges, and step-ups.
- Full body. One word: Burpees. Jump down into a plank, do a push-up, jump your feet back towards your hands, then jump up. Repeat.
When it comes to moving while traveling, you can get really creative! Use these ideas to get you started and then keep your body moving!
Like many of us, Jenny Steadman strives for health and wellness in her life, despite the chaos of life with kids, work, activities and so much more. Join her on her journey, and get ideas on how to keep you and your family active in the free Macaroni Kid Family Wellness monthly newsletter. Sign up today for the next Macaroni Kid Family Wellness newsletter, which will hit your inbox the first Friday of each month!
LIKE THIS ARTICLE: Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid is a free weekly newsletter and website focused on fun family events and information in Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, Chamblee, Doraville, Atlanta, and Perimeter. We gather together all kinds of local family events and activities each week and add useful information about classes, family-focused businesses, book and product reviews, recipes, crafts, school and camp guides and more. We proudly serve families in Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, Chamblee, Doraville, Atlanta, and Perimeter! Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid is full of useful local information like this PLUS tons of kid-friendly events on our event calendar. Have an event you'd like submitted to our calendar for consideration? Submit an event here. Like what you see here and want to get all the fun delivered to your inbox weekly? Subscribe to our FREE weekly e-newsletter for 411 on the local family fun. You can find Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.