There is no recipe I am asked to make more than these cranberry BBQ meatballs! These meatballs require just four ingredients, are easy to make in a slow cooker, and a major crowd pleaser -- making them perfect for holiday parties. Even my mother-in-law, who is the pickiest eater I’ve ever known, loves these cranberry BBQ meatballs!
Slow-Cooker Cranberry BBQ Meatballs
- 1 pound of meatballs (I prefer turkey meatballs or Italian meatballs)
- 1 16 oz can of jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Open cranberry sauce and cut into slices.
- Place the cranberry sauce in a layer on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add the BBQ sauce and soy sauce, stir.
- Place meatballs over the sauce.
- Cook on low 4-6 hours or high 2-4 hours. Cooking time is for frozen meatballs, so fresh or refrigerated meatballs will need less time.
- Twenty minutes before serving, stir meatballs and sauce together, making sure each meatball is coated with the sauce.
This photo shows what you need to make three pounds of these delicious cranberry BBQ meatballs:
If your family and friends are anything like mine, they'll be requesting these meatballs at holiday parties for years to come!
This recipe originally appeared in Macaroni Kid EATS! Want to be a member of our foodie family?
LIKE THIS ARTICLE: Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid is a free weekly newsletter and website focused on fun family events and information in Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, Chamblee, Doraville, Atlanta, and Perimeter. We gather together all kinds of local family events and activities each week and add useful information about classes, family-focused businesses, book and product reviews, recipes, crafts, school and camp guides and more. We proudly serve families in Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, Chamblee, Doraville, Atlanta, and Perimeter! Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid is full of useful local information like this PLUS tons of kid-friendly events on our event calendar. Have an event you'd like submitted to our calendar for consideration? Submit an event here. Like what you see here and want to get all the fun delivered to your inbox weekly? Subscribe to our FREE weekly e-newsletter for 411 on the local family fun. You can find Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.