- Shake up the season at World of Coca-Cola. Through New Year’s Day, guests can enjoy the attraction’s holiday celebration, including a 28-foot-tall ornament of holiday lights, seasonal beverages like the new Sprite Butter Toffee and a selfie station with the iconic Coca-Cola Polar Bear.
- On Dec. 28, football fanatics can cheer on LSU or Oklahoma in the 52nd annual Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl at Mercedes-Benz Stadium — this time around, a playoff semifinal. Prior to kickoff, Building C of the Georgia World Congress Center will host the Peach Bowl FanFest, featuring food, games, giveaways and more. Don't forget the Chick-fil-a Peach Bowl Parade.
- Those who have been wanting to visit the world’s largest aquarium will have the perfect opportunity on Dec. 27: Fan Night at the Georgia Aquarium goes from 4-8 p.m., and tickets are a special price of $26.95 per person when purchased in advance. Team cheerleaders and mascots will also be in attendance.
- For families with young kids, Noon Year’s Eve at Fernbank, New Year’s Bubble Bash at the Children’s Museum or the Kids' Early New Year's Eve Celebration at Stone Mountain Park are all great options for ringing in 2020 without missing bedtime. See more New Year's Event's here.
- The Atlanta Chinese Lantern Festival runs nightly through Jan. 5 as part of Centennial Park’s holiday programming. The festival includes more than 25 handcrafted lanterns, authentic Asian food selections, and live performances.
- The Battery — just outside the Atlanta Braves’ SunTrust Park — is a prime food, drink, and social destination. For a New Year’s Eve experience featuring access to two sports bars, entertainment, confetti cannons and more, check out New Year’s Eve Live! at Live! at The Battery.
- Atlanta’s state-of-the-art State Farm Arena will play host to a side-splitting lineup on Dec. 29, with Cedric The Entertainer, D.L. Hughley and Nephew Tommy headlining the Comedy Laugh Fest.
- Rock aficionados will be happy to hear that Athens’ own Widespread Panic is coming to town. The group’s New Year’s Celebration will be at Atlanta’s iconic Fox Theatre each night from Dec. 29-31.
- About 40 minutes outside of Atlanta, Serenbe Playhouse plays host to “The Snow Queen,” the story that inspired “Frozen,” through Jan. 6. Spectators are encouraged to dress warmly and bring their own seating, as this is truly an authentic, winter experience.
- Sports fans who care more about baskets than touchdowns can swing by State Farm Arena Dec. 27 as the Hawks take on the Milwaukee Bucks at 7:30 p.m.
An integral part of downtown Atlanta’s fabric for more than 25 years, World of Coca‑Cola has welcomed guests from six continents, more than 100 countries, all 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia. Join over 25 million people who have visited the Atlanta attraction and experience the history of the world's most famous beverage brand at the dynamic, multimedia home of the 133-year-old secret formula for Coca‑Cola. Get closer than ever before to the vault containing the secret recipe, view more than 1,200 historic artifacts and get a behind-the-scenes look at the bottling process. Take a trip around the world in a thrilling 4-D movie experience, take a photo with the Coca-Cola Polar Bear and tempt your taste buds with more than 100 beverages from around the globe.
World of Coca‑Cola is located in Pemberton Place, adjacent to the Georgia Aquarium in downtown Atlanta, and is accessible via the Peachtree Center or CNN/World Congress Center MARTA stations. World of Coca-Cola is located at 121 Baker St NW, Atlanta, GA 30313. Follow them on social on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Use #WorldofCocaCola. Guests with questions may call 1-800-676-COKE or visit their website at World of Coca‑Cola to purchase tickets.
LIKE THIS ARTICLE: Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid is a free weekly newsletter and website focused on fun family events and information in Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, Chamblee, Doraville, Atlanta, and Perimeter. We gather together all kinds of local family events and activities each week and add useful information about classes, family-focused businesses, book and product reviews, recipes, crafts, school and camp guides and more. We proudly serve families in Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, Chamblee, Doraville, Atlanta, and Perimeter! Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid is full of useful local information like this PLUS tons of kid-friendly events on our event calendar. Have an event you'd like submitted to our calendar for consideration? Submit an event here. Like what you see here and want to get all the fun delivered to your inbox weekly? Subscribe to our FREE weekly e-newsletter for 411 on the local family fun. You can find Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.