The DeKalb County School District (DCSD) is honored to offer 114 lottery-funded Georgia Pre-Kindergarten Program classes in 75 sites throughout the district. The Pre-Kindergarten program is funded by the Georgia State Lottery, governed by Bright from the Start. The DeKalb County School District (DCSD) Pre-K program is an age-appropriate instructional program that prepares students for a successful transition to kindergarten and beyond. In order for a child to be school-ready, it means they are socially, emotionally, physically, and cognitively prepared for success in kindergarten.
The DeKalb County School District’s Pre-Kindergarten Program helps children become independent, self-confident, enthusiastic learners. Participation in the program encourages children to develop good habits and daily routines. It encourages teachers to adopt child-centered instructional practices based on the interests and the skill levels of each child.
The 2020-2021 Pre-Kindergarten Lottery will be on-line. The application process will be open from February 14 -March 12, 2020, to ensure all interested participants have ample time to apply on-line. Please check the DeKalb County School District (DCSD) website frequently for updates. In the meantime, in order to prepare for this process, please make sure you have the following documents ready by clicking the Online Application-Registration Process.
Documents Needed for Pre-K
Documents are required to be uploaded during the on-line application process and presented during the Enrollment Window – May 5-19, 2020 at your assigned school:
- Proof of birth (Your child must be four years old on or before September 1, 2020)
- Original certified birth certificate, Hospital Record of Live Birth, Green Card, Pink Card or Federal I-94 Card; or child’s passport (Copies of these documents are not accepted).
- Proof of legal guardianship (If applicable)
- Only required if your name is not on the child’s birth certificate.
- Parent/Guardian proof of identification
- Valid state or government-issued photo ID, such as a Georgia Driver’s license, or a valid U.S. passport ID.
- Proof of Parent/Guardian Georgia Residency*
- Mortgage or lease/rental agreement in your name, OR an electric, gas, or water bill in your name, cable and phone bills are not acceptable.
If you receive electronic notification that your child’s name was selected, then you must accept the seat online and present the original documents that were uploaded (above) AND the following documents (below) during the enrollment window – May 5-19, 2020 at your assigned school.
- Child’s original Social Security Card OR “Waiver”
- If a waiver is needed, it will be provided to you during the enrollment session.
- Child’s Peachcare card, Medicaid card, health insurance card, EBT card (food stamps) and/or TANF (If
- Immunization Certificate (3231)
- Vision, Hearing, Nutrition, and Dental Screening Certificate (3300)
- Pre-K seat assignments are contingent upon the validation of the required documents.
*If you are living with someone and you do not have a lease, mortgage or utility bill in your name, you must submit the following: A signed and notarized Affidavit of Residency AND a lease/mortgage statement or utility bill in the name of the person that you are living with AND a form of mail in the name of the child’s guardian showing a matching address to the affidavit.
During Open Enrollment, Parents May Receive Assistance With The Registration Process At The Online Registration (OLR) Office, The Local School, Or The Dekalb County Parent Centers.
SCHOOLS in Chamblee, Doraville, and Dunwoody
|Ashford Park Elementary School||2968 Cravenridge Drive NE, Atlanta, GA 30319|| |
|Austin Elementary School||5321 Roberts Drive Dunwoody, GA 30338|
|Cary Reynolds Elementary School||3498 Pine Street Doraville, GA 30340|
|Chestnut Charter Elementary School||4576 N Peachtree Road, Atlanta, GA 30338|
|Evansdale Elementary School||2914 Evans Woods Drive, Doraville, GA 30340|
|Hightower Elementary School||4236 Tilly Mill Road, Doraville, GA 30360|
|Huntley Hills Elementary School||2112 Seaman Circle Chamblee, GA 30341|
|Kingsley Elementary School||2051 Brendon Drive, Dunwoody, GA 30338|
|Montgomery Elementary School||3995 Ashford Dunwoody Road, Atlanta, GA 30319|
|Vanderlyn Elementary School||1877 Vanderlyn Drive, Dunwoody, GA 30338|
If you are in Sandy Springs, please view the 2020 Spring Kindergarten & Pre-K Registration in Fulton County.
LIKE THIS ARTICLE: Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid is a free weekly newsletter and website focused on fun family events and information in Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, Chamblee, Doraville, Atlanta, and Perimeter. We gather together all kinds of local family events and activities each week and add useful information about classes, family-focused businesses, book and product reviews, recipes, crafts, school and camp guides and more. We proudly serve families in Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, Chamblee, Doraville, Atlanta, and Perimeter! Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid is full of useful local information like this PLUS tons of kid-friendly events on our event calendar. Have an event you'd like submitted to our calendar for consideration? Submit an event here. Like what you see here and want to get all the fun delivered to your inbox weekly? Subscribe to our FREE weekly e-newsletter for 411 on the local family fun. You can find Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.