The Disney+ show The Mandalorian has created the cutest new character that is taking over the internet and social media by light years.
If you have someone in your house who loves this cute, younger version of the ancient Jedi master, they will adore these Baby Yoda inspired deviled eggs! Out of this world oohs and aahs are coming your way if you make these for Star Wars-themed parties -- or really any kind of gathering.
- 16 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 3-4 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2-3 Tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon green food coloring (we used all-natural)
- Dried dill for “hair”
- 32 black olive pieces for “eyes” (we used a small straw to cut the eyes out)
- Celery for "ears"
1. Cut hard-boiled eggs in half. Carefully remove yolks and put them into a separate bowl. Set the whites aside.
2. Mix together yolks, mayonnaise, mustard, onion powder, salt, pepper, and food coloring. You want it to be a smooth consistency that will roll into a ball. You may need to add a little more mayonnaise and mustard if it's too dry.
3. Scoop out about a tablespoon of the mixture and roll it into a ball. Do the same for a total of 16 yolk balls. Set aside.
4. Place 16 egg white halves onto a platter. Place a yolk ball in each half so it's sitting toward the back of the egg.
5. Sprinkle dill on top for hair and add two pieces of black olives for eyes. Cut celery in the shape of ears (small triangles) and attach.
6. Put a dab of the yolk mixture onto the back of the egg to glue on the top of the “carriage."
7. Cut the remaining egg white halves in half and place on top of the filled whites, creating Baby Yoda's carriage.
May the force be with you ... in the kitchen and beyond.
Want to be a member of our Macaroni Kid foodie family?
LIKE THIS ARTICLE: Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid is a free weekly newsletter and website focused on fun family events and information in Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, Chamblee, Doraville, Atlanta, and Perimeter. We gather together all kinds of local family events and activities each week and add useful information about classes, family-focused businesses, book and product reviews, recipes, crafts, school and camp guides and more. We proudly serve families in Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, Chamblee, Doraville, Atlanta, and Perimeter! Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid is full of useful local information like this PLUS tons of kid-friendly events on our event calendar. Have an event you'd like submitted to our calendar for consideration? Submit an event here. Like what you see here and want to get all the fun delivered to your inbox weekly? Subscribe to our FREE weekly e-newsletter for 411 on the local family fun. You can find Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.