These camps are up and running for Summer 2020, ready to give kids stimulating camp experience. Each is taking extra safety measures and adhering to government guidelines, such as staggered drop-off times, temperature checks and reduced class sizes. Register now for safe summer fun!
Calling all happy campers, registration opens June 15th for Sandy Springs Summer Camps! The City of Sandy Springs is ready to give kids a safe and fun camp experience while taking extra safety measures and adhering to government guidelines. Camps are conveniently located at City parks and virtually. Day camps will offer a variety of sports, outdoor play and the art camps will incorporate STEAM programming into their sessions. NextGen Broadway returns this year after a sold-out session last year.
Sandy Springs Summer Camps runs from July 6- July 31 from 8 am -5 pm.
The City of Sandy Springs has offered summer camps since 2006, long enough to have former campers join our staff as counselors! The most popular camps are the long-running full-day camp and full-day sports camp. These are managed and staffed by the department’s recreation staff who are trained in the latest standards and best practices for camp counselors. The camps are conveniently located at local parks.
Here’s a glance at some of our Summer 2020 programs:
- The day camp offers themed camp weeks and a variety of activities.
- The sports camp allows campers to experience sports like kickball, soccer, golf, lacrosse and more each week!
- We’ve partnered with Art a la Carte STEAM program since 2012. Campers experience using different art techniques and STEM ideas. They enjoy different weekly camp themes. The camp is held at Hammond Park Activity Building
- The Sandy Springs Performing Arts Center is center stage for City Springs Theatre Company’s Next-Gen Broadway, a camp designed for children who like to sing, dance and act. This camp will be held virtually this year.
What other parents are saying about Sandy Springs Recreation and Parks.
- “My child does not want to leave at the end of the day! You must be having lots of fun!”
- “THANK you for wanting to improve their camp experience and asking campers what they want to do!”
- “Our kids are having a great time, so they have become ambassadors for your program… their friends are interested in joining camp!”
Please visit Sandy Springs Recreation and Parks Registration to register for camp.
This article is sponsored by the City of Sandy Springs.
LIKE THIS ARTICLE: Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid is a free weekly newsletter and website focused on fun family events and information in Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, Chamblee, Doraville, Atlanta, and Perimeter. We gather together all kinds of local family events and activities each week and add useful information about classes, family-focused businesses, book and product reviews, recipes, crafts, school and camp guides and more. We proudly serve families in Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, Chamblee, Doraville, Atlanta, and Perimeter! Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid is full of useful local information like this PLUS tons of kid-friendly events on our event calendar. Have an event you'd like submitted to our calendar for consideration? Submit an event here. Like what you see here and want to get all the fun delivered to your inbox weekly? Subscribe to our FREE weekly e-newsletter for 411 on the local family fun. You can find Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.