The Rock Ranch is opening Thursday, June 11, 2020, with exciting options that will allow all families to experience fun on the farm in safe, new ways.
What is New?
- New Days to Visit The Rock Ranch will be open three days a week – Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Buy Online in Advance and Save! To keep attendance numbers in check for safety, guests are advised to make advanced online reservations. This will allow The Rock Ranch to carefully plan and schedule personnel. There will be a built-in discount for online orders to make it even more attractive for guests to schedule ahead of time. For guests traveling a long distance, they can ensure that they will get to do everything they want by booking in advance.
- Gate Admission Waved In Lieu of New Punch Card System There is no admission fee to visit this summer. To enjoy attractions*, there are new punch card options that are discounted by $3 when purchased online at The Rock Ranch (taxes are additional).
|Punch cards are:|
8 punches: $12 online; $15 on-site
16 punches: $20 online; $23 on-site
24 punches: $30 online; $33 on-site
Punch cards redemption values are:
One punch: cow train, pedal carts (closed-toe shoes required), ball toss, jumping pillow, fishing, sweet tea, lemonade
Two punches: paddle boats, carousel, train, small ice dream, slushie, frozen lemonade, animal feed, kettle corn, Dippin’ Dots®
Three punches: large Icedream, boiled peanuts, prospector gem mining bag
Four punches: pay dirt or arrowhead gem mining bag
Outside of the punch card system, guests may reserve a zip line ride online for $15 (save $3) or in-person for $18 (weight restrictions: minimum 6o lbs. and maximum 250 lbs.)
Your safety and comfort is our priority. Watch this video and plan your visit.
- Where to Arrive is New, Too! When guests arrive, they should enter at the gate near the office and follow the signs to The Country Store, which has moved to Truett’s Barn, and will now feature a Cafe serving homemade sandwiches, salads, sweets, and treats. There also is the highly anticipated introduction of a brand-new sweet treat…the Ultimate Icedream® Sundae. Additionally, the store sells a variety of meats, specialty grocery items, casseroles, home décor, and toys. There will be indoor dining and covered, outdoor patio seating.
- Dogs are Welcome! For those who just want to get some fresh air, there are acres and acres to enjoy. Guests may walk select areas of the property and, now, guests may bring their dog (proper dog etiquette required). “We are excited to share that in the future, there are plans to expand these areas and, over time, add bike trails,” Pugh stated. “While there is no paid gate admission, we hope people will enjoy lunch with us and shop in The Country Store.”
- Isolation Vacation For families who would like to make it a getaway, a limited number of beautifully renovated Farm Stay Houses are available. One of the homes features its own private pool. For details, visit The Rock Ranch.
- Camping The Rock Ranch has ample open spaces, rolling green hills and Conestoga Wagons equipped with bunk beds ready for a unique camping experience. For details, visit The Rock Ranch.
- Country Curbside Pickup Since March, The Rock Ranch has been providing curbside service for online orders of home-cooked casseroles, groceries, meats, and other products. This will continue with a few changes. While orders will still be placed online, guests may now choose a day -- Thursday, Friday, or Saturday -- between 10 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. to pick up their order inside the new Country Store in Truett’s Barn. If the guest prefers not to come inside, they may let the ranch know at the time of their order and someone will bring it out to their vehicle. The site for ordering items is the Rock Ranch Store.
- Annual Members Members of The Rock Ranch may come any or every day that The Rock Ranch is open this summer (open Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays). Upon arrival, annual members will present their membership card and receive a special “members only” punch card. Memberships purchased in 2019 have received a six-month extension. Memberships are not activated until the first visit. So, anyone who has purchased a membership but not yet visited still have a new membership. These will be activated on their first visit and they will have a year from that date. Memberships are available for purchase at The Rock Ranch.
Other Important Notes
Celebrate America for this year has been canceled as The Oak Ridge Boys, scheduled to perform at The Rock Ranch on Saturday, June 27, 2020, have postponed their concert until next year. It will be Saturday, June 26, 2021. And, The Rock Ranch hopes to host its regularly scheduled Fall Family Fun Days beginning in October.
The Rock Ranch is located at 5020 Barnesville Highway The Rock, GA 30285. Please contact them at (706) 647-6374 or by email. Follow on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube. Use the #TheRockRanch to follow in on the fun.
LIKE THIS ARTICLE: Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid is a free weekly newsletter and website focused on fun family events and information in Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, Chamblee, Doraville, Atlanta, and Perimeter. We gather together all kinds of local family events and activities each week and add useful information about classes, family-focused businesses, book and product reviews, recipes, crafts, school and camp guides and more. We proudly serve families in Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, Chamblee, Doraville, Atlanta, and Perimeter! Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid is full of useful local information like this PLUS tons of kid-friendly events on our event calendar. Have an event you'd like submitted to our calendar for consideration? Submit an event here. Like what you see here and want to get all the fun delivered to your inbox weekly? Subscribe to our FREE weekly e-newsletter for 411 on the local family fun. You can find Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.