After a three-month temporary closure due to COVID-19, the Children’s Museum of Atlanta will reopen its doors to the public on July 1 with a member preview week beginning June 26. Guests will once again enjoy the Museum’s educational programs and exhibits with enhanced health and safety measures. The museum will operate in a two-hour session format with three sessions daily and scheduled thorough cleaning breaks to disinfect and sanitize.
|“We have been working hard and looking forward to the time when we can safely welcome children and families back to spark imaginations and sense of discovery through physical play,” said Jane Turner, Executive Director of Children’s Museum of Atlanta. “Over the past few months, we have missed the laughter, play and discovery that happens so powerfully when children are at the Museum. With the health and safety of our guests at the forefront of every decision, we worked closely with local health officials and the team at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta to ensure that all of our plans and procedural changes reflected the most up-to-date and scientific research and recommendations.”|
Children’s Museum of Atlanta has implemented new procedures and precautions to promote an enjoyable and safe visit, including:
- Limited capacity in each session to encourage social distancing
- Deep cleaning will occur between each session and high touchpoints throughout the Museum will be cleaned during sessions
- Face masks are required for everyone 5 years and older; masks will be available for purchase
- Open air space on the patio will be designated for guests to take PPE breaks
- Art Studio and Build It! Lab projects will take place in open spaces
- Additional hand sanitizing stations have been installed throughout the Museum
- No food will be allowed inside the Museum
- No cash will be accepted at the Museum Store or during Membership purchases
- Sneeze-guards will be in place at store check-out, member desk and security with credit card machines and ticket scanners facing guests
- Tickets will be available online only and will not be sold at the Welcome Center. Phone booking is available with ample notice and will be booked via online reservation by a team member. Pre-booking is required for Members and will begin on Monday, June 22.
The Children’s Museum of Atlanta will be operating daily with the following modified hours:
- 9:30 - 11:30 a.m.
- 12:30 - 2:30 p.m.
- 3:30 - 5:30 p.m.
New Guest Rules & Policies
- Adult:Child Ratio - 1:5 (Museum recommendation is 1:3)
- No cash transactions will take place in the Museum
- No re-entry allowed
- No refunds – Unused tickets may be rescheduled or applied towards the purchase of a membership
- Lockers have been temporarily taken off the floor and are not available at this time
Safety & Health Policies
- Plexi-sneeze guards have been installed at all registers
- 13 hand sanitizing stations are available in the Museum
- 5 cleaning stations for guests are available throughout the Museum
- The recommended capacity is posted in each area of the Museum
- Stroller parking has been dispersed throughout the Museum
- The Museum Store has been moved to make more room for social distancing
Team Member Practices
- Team Members are required to wear face masks
- Team Members will clean consumables & high touchpoints in exhibits throughout the sessions
- In between sessions, the entire Museum will be thoroughly cleaned
- All Museum staff will undergo daily health screening before coming to the Museum and are encouraged to stay home if feeling sick
The Children’s Museum of Atlanta is located at 275 Centennial Olympic Park Drive NW in Atlanta, GA 30313. You can follow the Children’s Museum of Atlanta on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube.
LIKE THIS ARTICLE: Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid is a free weekly newsletter and website focused on fun family events and information in Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, Chamblee, Doraville, Atlanta, and Perimeter. We gather together all kinds of local family events and activities each week and add useful information about classes, family-focused businesses, book and product reviews, recipes, crafts, school and camp guides and more. We proudly serve families in Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, Chamblee, Doraville, Atlanta, and Perimeter! Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid is full of useful local information like this PLUS tons of kid-friendly events on our event calendar. Have an event you'd like submitted to our calendar for consideration? Submit an event here. Like what you see here and want to get all the fun delivered to your inbox weekly? Subscribe to our FREE weekly e-newsletter for 411 on the local family fun. You can find Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.