UPDATE. Chamblee Police officers found them in Carrollton, Ga. with the child in unharmed. The suspects were stopped by Georgia State Patrol, along with local authorities, in the red 2003 Acura MDX with GA tag RTJ0253 at around 5:00 p.m. They will remain in custody in Carroll County.
The Federal Bureau of Investigations will take over the case.
On Saturday, August 29 at approximately 12:30 p.m., officers from the Chamblee Police Department responded to 8 Clairview Drive on a child abduction call. Upon arrival the officers made contact with the complainant, who was the child’s mother. She informed the officers of the following:
- She was walking to her apartment with her one-year-old child in the stroller. The child is a Hispanic male.
- A mid-size maroon SUV pulled up next to her, and the male driver/Suspect #1, exited and walked toward her.
- The first suspect is a Hispanic male in his mid- to late-20s. He pointed a gun at her hip and looked inside the stroller.
- When Suspect #1 attempted to grab her son, she was able to grab the gun from Suspect #1 and attempted to shoot him, but the gun did not go off.
- Suspect #2, also a Hispanic male in his mid- to late-20s, got out of the front passenger seat, grabbed her son and got back into the vehicle.
- The victim was in a physical altercation with Suspect #1. She was able to grab a piece of Suspect #1’s shorts and one of his shoes (see photos).
- From the course of the investigation, the Suspect vehicle is a red 2003 Acura MDX with GA tag RTJ0253.
If anyone has information on this case, please call the Chamblee Police Department at 770-986-5005 or Capt. Chris Findley at 470-564-4013 or 911.
LIKE THIS ARTICLE: Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid is a free weekly newsletter and website focused on fun family events and information in Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, Chamblee, Doraville, Atlanta, and Perimeter. We gather together all kinds of local family events and activities each week and add useful information about classes, family-focused businesses, book and product reviews, recipes, crafts, school and camp guides and more. We proudly serve families in Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, Chamblee, Doraville, Atlanta, and Perimeter! Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid is full of useful local information like this PLUS tons of kid-friendly events on our event calendar. Have an event you'd like submitted to our calendar for consideration? Submit an event here. Like what you see here and want to get all the fun delivered to your inbox weekly? Subscribe to our FREE weekly e-newsletter for 411 on the local family fun. You can find Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.