Discover Dunwoody announced a line-up of events and activities that will help both locals and visitors celebrate the most wonderful time of the year. A premier hub for holiday shopping and dining just 10 miles north of Atlanta, the destination will transform into "Your Holiday Haven" with a variety of virtual and socially distanced in-person events, providing ways to enjoy less hustle and more spirit this holiday season.
|“The holidays are always such a special time in Dunwoody, and you really can find everything you need here, while spending quality time with those who matter most,” said Discover Dunwoody Marketing Director Kim Franz. “Each year, our destination partners provide an incredible variety of experiences that make this season so full of joy, from cozy accommodations and delicious treats to awe-inspiring lights and carols that will bring out the spirit in everyone. We look forward to welcoming guests for their own personal Holiday Haven this year!”|
The destination’s eight hotels are ready to welcome visitors looking to make Dunwoody their home for the holidays, with health and safety protocols in place and festive programming for all ages. Events include Breakfast with Santa at Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center, a holiday light display at the Crowne Plaza Atlanta Perimeter at Ravinia, and holiday drink specials at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter.
Dunwoody’s destination partners will also offer a variety of events ranging from virtual activities that can be enjoyed in the comfort of their homes - or even from their hotel room - to safe, in-person events honoring time-tested holiday traditions.
Virtual options include:
- Light Up Dunwoody: The annual lighting of the Christmas tree and Menorah at Cheek-Spruill Farmhouse will be streamed live on Facebook this year. Those interested in watching can tune in at 5:30 p.m. EST on November 22 and mark the beginning of the holiday season. Once the lighting is complete, the area will be open for visitors to take in-person photos, while practicing social distancing.
- Painting with a Twist at Home: Those looking to get creative can pick up a Twist at Home kit from Painting with a Twist on Wednesdays between 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. Kits come with holiday-inspired artwork options, a painting surface, paint, brushes and more, so guests have everything for a merry masterpiece.
- Vino Venue Virtual Classes: Groups of friends can prepare for family meals or treat themselves to a wine tasting with a range of online classes provided by Vino Venue this year. During these classes, students can discover how to create the perfect charcuterie board, learn about fun wine and macaron pairings, or master the skills it takes to create the perfect holiday meal.
- City of Dunwoody lights up Brook Run Park: Dunwoody Parks & Recreation will brighten the holiday season with the introduction of Holiday Lights at the Brook Run Park playground. A brilliant, walk-thru display of 25,000 lights will shine for all to enjoy from December 12 to 28.
For those that are looking to celebrate with in-person activities this year, Dunwoody will offer several options that capture the magic of the season, including
- Annual Holiday Artists Market: Shoppers can find the most unique gifts at Spruill Gallery’s Annual Holiday Artists Market. Open now through December 23, the Gallery will be transformed into a winter wonderland featuring handmade gifts from 100 local artists including ceramics, jewelry, photography, and home décor.
Gingerbread House Decorating: Vino Venue invites all ages to enjoy this classic tradition of building a delicious gingerbread house. Whether enjoyed with family or a small group of girlfriends, this activity will surely provide a taste of the holidays. November 28, December 5, December 12, and December 19
- Photos with Santa: Families can reserve a spot to get their annual picture with Santa from November 20-December 24 at Perimeter Mall, which has implemented numerous safety precautions and requirements including face coverings. After their photoshoot, families can browse more than 150 different retailers and check everyone off their holiday shopping list.
LIKE THIS ARTICLE: Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid is a free weekly newsletter and website focused on fun family events and information in Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, Chamblee, Doraville, Atlanta, and Perimeter. We gather together all kinds of local family events and activities each week and add useful information about classes, family-focused businesses, book and product reviews, recipes, crafts, school and camp guides and more. We proudly serve families in Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, Chamblee, Doraville, Atlanta, and Perimeter! Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid is full of useful local information like this PLUS tons of kid-friendly events on our event calendar. Have an event you'd like submitted to our calendar for consideration? Submit an event here. Like what you see here and want to get all the fun delivered to your inbox weekly? Subscribe to our FREE weekly e-newsletter for 411 on the local family fun. You can find Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.