Discover Dunwoody is helping travelers reclaim their vacations and kick off the new year right, with a list of unique ways visitors can fulfill resolutions during their stay. With myriad activities and unexpected experiences hidden around every corner, Dunwoody, Georgia is a safe destination where travelers can check off their entire must-do list during one rewarding vacation.
|“We grow when we go, and a new year is a wonderful opportunity to discover Dunwoody all over again during a safe, rewarding stay,” said Kimberly Franz, Marketing Director for Discover Dunwoody. “Whether it’s dusting off transformative travel experiences we had planned last year or continuing the skills we’ve learned while at home, a trip to Dunwoody is filled with unforgettable ways to make the most of the welcome new year!”|
A diverse destination boasting small-town charm and the abundant options of an urban city, Dunwoody provides plentiful opportunities to fulfill New Year’s resolutions in safe ways, including:
- Reclaim Travel – With travel anticipated to return to near-normal levels this year, Dunwoody remains a destination overflowing with hidden gems and unexpected experiences for travelers craving vacations that are off-the-beaten-path. The destinations’ eight hotels boast comprehensive cleanliness initiatives, top-to-bottom renovations, and incredible deals that suit guests looking to save more money in the new year. Additionally, hotels are in the heart of the city, allowing easy access to the top attractions.
- Learn New Skills – The pandemic has inspired an appreciation for hobbies and the arts, from baking bread to sewing handmade masks, and Dunwoody’s own Spruill Center for the Arts will continue to nurture that creative spark with classes in 2021. From painting and drawing to glassblowing and jewelry making, artists of all ages, interests and experience levels will be able to tap into their inner artist and expand their knowledge of the arts while exploring Dunwoody. Those who honed their cooking talents at home can further their talents during Vino Venue’s cooking classes, featuring professional chef instruction, hands-on cooking and a multi-course meal with perfectly paired wines.
- Practice a Healthy Lifestyle – For those who are making health a priority this year, Dunwoody provides seemingly endless ways to stay healthy and keep wellness top-of-mind, even while on vacation. The city is home to healthy eateries, such as Breadwinner Café & Bakery serving homemade fare created from scratch with natural ingredients and Press Blend Squeeze for nutritious cold-pressed juices, and plentiful ways to get active such as biking on Brook Run Park’s multi-purpose trails or yoga at the Dunwoody Nature Center.
- Connect with Nature – The pandemic has nurtured the importance of staying connected with the outdoors, from daily walks to socially distant picnics in the park. The Dunwoody Nature Center is open each day from sunrise to sundown for visitors to be inspired by the outdoors, with wetlands, hiking trails, woodland playgrounds and even a hidden hammock garden.
- Spend More Time with Extended Family – In 2021, families looking to spend time with their extended family members will find a welcome oasis in Dunwoody. With plenty of local family-friendly activities such as the aerial adventure park Treetop Quest and just a short drive from Atlanta’s top attractions such as Zoo Atlanta and The Georgia Aquarium, Dunwoody is ideally suited for families looking to make new, unforgettable memories with one another.
|“There is so much hope that comes with a new year, and we’ve been inspired by the ways our destination continues to band together and offer safe, fulfilling ways to make the most of every day in Dunwoody,” continued Franz. “With 2021 officially upon us, we are excited to welcome travelers to explore our city and simultaneously achieve their goals!”|
LIKE THIS ARTICLE: Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid is a free weekly newsletter and website focused on fun family events and information in Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, Chamblee, Doraville, Atlanta, and Perimeter. We gather together all kinds of local family events and activities each week and add useful information about classes, family-focused businesses, book and product reviews, recipes, crafts, school and camp guides and more. We proudly serve families in Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, Chamblee, Doraville, Atlanta, and Perimeter! Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid is full of useful local information like this PLUS tons of kid-friendly events on our event calendar. Have an event you'd like submitted to our calendar for consideration? Submit an event here. Like what you see here and want to get all the fun delivered to your inbox weekly? Subscribe to our FREE weekly e-newsletter for 411 on the local family fun. You can find Sandy Springs Dunwoody Macaroni Kid on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.